Hiking in Barcelona
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
The Collserola hills behind the city offer well-marked trails, fresh air, and lovely views. Take the San Cugat, Sabadell, or Terrassa FFCC train from Plaça de Catalunya and get off at Baixador de Vallvidrera; the information center, 10 minutes uphill next to Vil.la Joana (now the Jacint Verdaguer Museum), has maps of this mountain woodland just 20 minutes from downtown. The walk back into town can take from two to five hours depending on your speed and the trails you choose. For longer treks, try the 15-km (9-mile) Sant Cugat–to–Barcelona hike, or take the train south to Sitges and make the three-day walk to Montserrat.
Associació Excursionista, Etnográfica i Folklorica. Associació Excursionista, Etnográfica i Folklorica advises on and organizes outings of all kinds. Avinyó 19, Barri Gòtic, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08002. 93/302–2730.
Club Excursionista de Catalunya. Club Excursionista de Catalunya has information on hiking far afield, including in the Pyrenees. Paradis 10, Barri Gòtic, Barcelona, Catalonia, 08002. 93/315–2311.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's