- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
There's not much wall space left in the intimate beamed dining room of this typical Sierra Morena restaurant: plates, pots, pans, mirrors, and religious pictures cover every inch. Specializing in the region's famous pork and ham (the British newspaper The Guardian voted it the world's best place to eat ham, but beware it's expensive), the honest, home-style cooking is at its best with dishes prepared according to what is in season, including wild asparagus grilled with oyster mushrooms and garlic, or the summer salad made with home-grown tomatoes. Casas is open for lunch only, although dinner can be prepared by appointment.
- Address: C. Colmenetas 41, Aracena, Huelva 21200
- Phone: 959/128044
- Location: Aracena
- Credit cards accepted.
- No dinner, except by special appointment.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Ok, I have totally redone our upcoming mid May trip, but there is still time to change things up. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai ... Read more
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville.... Read more