- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
At a Glance
- great views
- friendly staff
- some rooms have windows to the street
Check Rates from our Partners
The 18th-century mansion of the Count of Montelirio, perched over the deep plunge to the Tajo, has been carefully refurbished, maintaining some original features, but the highlight is the breathtaking view over the valley. Inside, notable points of interest include the empire staircase, a precious stained-glass window, and the handcrafted wood ceiling in the common room. Guest rooms are individually styled, with dark wooden furniture and heavy fabrics, and it's well worth paying the extra €16 for a balcony. The terrace looks out over the bridge and ravine—perfect for watching the sunset—and the Turkish bath and open fireplace make this an attractive choice for winter. The restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine. If you need a parking space, reserve one when you reserve your room.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I've done some searching and found great information so far and am looking for some final suggestions on my first trip to Europe.
I'm a 29 year old male and am looking for amazing nightlife Read more
· News & Features
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville. ... Read more