- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The downstairs bar here serves simple tapas, but it's the upstairs restaurant that makes it worth a visit. The rustic dining room is decorated with wall paintings and hunting trophies, and the kitchen serves only regional produce and dishes. Try the gurumelos salteados con jamón y gambas (a type of mushroom stir-fried with ham and prawns), lomo de jabalí (boar tenderloin), or the outstanding ham; chestnut stew is the standout for dessert. Vegetarian and organic menus are available.
- Address: Pl. de San Pedro, Aracena, Huelva 21200
- Phone: 956/126013
- Location: Aracena
- No dinner Thurs.–Sat.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
Beginning to reseach for our Europe trip for next year and have some questions.
We will be staying on Las Ramblas it looks like everything is very close it is safe to walk to the Sagrada Familia, Magic Read more
· News & Features
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville. ... Read more