- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Internationally acclaimed chef Ángel León opened this elegant restaurant to showcase his creative seafood dishes. The edgy interior design combines lime green with crisp white lighting and table linen. Aponiente only serves two menús de degustación (€75 for 9 dishes or €115 for 19), but expect plenty of gastronomic inventions such as marine cheese, cuttlefish with potatoes, and rice with plankton and sea cucumber. León avoids species of fish that have become scarce, championing more abundant species such as sardines, shrimp, and cuttlefish.
- Address: C. Puerto Escondido 6, Puerto de Santa María, Cádiz 11500 | Map It
- Phone: 956/851870
- Website: www.aponiente.com
- Location: Puerto de Santa María
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. Sept.–June. No dinner Sun. and Mon. July and Aug.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We spent 5 days based at Embalse de Alloz below the village of Lerate, about 10 miles south west of Estella. Read more
We spent 4 days in Picos de Europa, based near Potes. Read more
After countless hours within these forums, I’ve built a draft itinerary for our upcoming 5 week holiday in Europe next July/Aug (flying in and out from Paris)
For those that have experienced Read more
· News & Features
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville.... Read more