- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Internationally acclaimed chef Ángel León opened this elegant restaurant to showcase his creative seafood dishes. The edgy interior design combines lime green with crisp white lighting and table linen. Aponiente only serves two menús de degustación (€75 for 9 dishes or €115 for 19), but expect plenty of gastronomic inventions such as marine cheese, cuttlefish with potatoes, and rice with plankton and sea cucumber. León avoids species of fish that have become scarce, championing more abundant species such as sardines, shrimp, and cuttlefish.
- Address: C. Puerto Escondido 6, Puerto de Santa María, Cádiz 11500 | Map It
- Phone: 956/851870
- Website: www.aponiente.com
- Location: Puerto de Santa María
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. Sept.–June. No dinner Sun. and Mon. July and Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Hello (again) everyone,
Last June was my first ever trip to Europe. Read more
We will be driving from the Barcelona airport to Mirepoix, France on May 15th. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai ... Read more
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville.... Read more