- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Internationally acclaimed chef Ángel León opened this elegant restaurant to showcase his creative seafood dishes. The edgy interior design combines lime green with crisp white lighting and table linen. Aponiente only serves two menús de degustación (€75 for 9 dishes or €115 for 19), but expect plenty of gastronomic inventions such as marine cheese, cuttlefish with potatoes, and rice with plankton and sea cucumber. León avoids species of fish that have become scarce, championing more abundant species such as sardines, shrimp, and cuttlefish.
- Address: C. Puerto Escondido 6, Puerto de Santa María, Cádiz 11500 | Map It
- Phone: 956/851870
- Website: www.aponiente.com
- Location: Puerto de Santa María
- Reservations essential.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon. Sept.–June. No dinner Sun. and Mon. July and Aug.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I've done some searching and found great information so far and am looking for some final suggestions on my first trip to Europe.
I'm a 29 year old male and am looking for amazing nightlife Read more
· News & Features
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville. ... Read more