- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Casa de Pilatos
Casa de Pilatos Review
This palace was built in the first half of the 16th century by the dukes of Tarifa, ancestors of the present owner, the Duke of Medinaceli. It's known as Pilate's House because Don Fadrique, first marquis of Tarifa, allegedly modeled it on Pontius Pilate's house in Jerusalem, where he had gone on a pilgrimage in 1518. With its fine patio and superb azulejo decorations, the palace is a beautiful blend of Spanish Mudejar and Renaissance architecture; it's considered a prototype of an Andalusian mansion. The upstairs apartments, which you can see on a guided tour, have frescoes, paintings, and antique furniture. Admission prices include an audio guide in English.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In this trip report, I’ll be describing my recent holiday in Northern Spain and Southern France. Here’s the breakdown of my travel: one day each in Bilbao, San Sebastian, Lourdes and Read more
My film "From Flamenco to Fez” presents a 2 continent, 3 country trip to Spain, Morocco, and Portugal. Read more
I've done some searching and found great information so far and am looking for some final suggestions on my first trip to Europe.
I'm a 29 year old male and am looking for amazing nightlife Read more
· News & Features
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville. ... Read more