- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Spain 2014
Pico de Veleta
Pico de Veleta Review
Peninsular Spain's second-highest mountain is 11,125 feet high. The view from its summit across the Alpujarras range to the sea at distant Motril is stunning, and on a very clear day you can see the coast of North Africa. When the snow melts (July and August) you can drive or take a minibus from the Albergue Universitario (Universitario mountain refuge) to within around 400 yards of the summit—a trail takes you to the top in around 45 minutes. It's cold up there, so take a warm jacket and scarf, even if Granada is sizzling hot.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This will be my first time writing a trip report -- I've thoroughly enjoyed reading other trip reports on this site and hope you will find mine just as entertaining and hopefully informative.
My idea fo Read more
Hi to All, As usual, I'm starting my TR ahead of the trip (about a month) so others can gauge how much pre-planning they need. Read more
Hi -- I'm thinking about renting an apartment in Borne, and am wondering about safety. Read more
· News & Features
In our inaugural Ask Fodor's column, one of our editors gives advice on how to travel by rail in Spai ... Read more
A must-see in Spain is the annual Feria, or April Fair, taking place from April 24th to the 29th in Seville.... Read more