Franciskanska cerkev (Franciscan Church)
Franciskanska cerkev (Franciscan Church) Review
This imposing, pink, high-baroque church was built between 1646 and 1660 for Augustinian priests; the Franciscans took it over in the 18th century and painted it red, the color of their order (although the outside facade has now faded to pink). The main altar, by Francesco Robba (1698–1757), dates from 1736. The three sets of stairs in front are a 19th century addition added after the ground was leveled in the plaza and now serve as a popular meeting place for students.
View deals in Slovenia for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More