- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
If You Have 3 Days
If you have limited time, take one day to discover the Old Town of Ljubljana. For the next two days, choose between the mountains or the coast. If you're looking for natural beauty and/or adventure, head for the mountains and lakes of Triglav National Park. Base yourself in Bled or Bohinj. For the third day, get an early start and head for Bovec, via Kranjska Gora, for hiking or white-water rafting on the Soča River. If you seek sun and sea instead, go southwest toward the Karst and coast. Stop off at the Škocjan Caves en route, and spend your nights in the beautiful Venetian port of Piran.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe