Kayaking in Slovenia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Soča River has ideal conditions for white-water rafting, kayaking, hydrospeeding (a small board for body-surfing waves), and canyoning. The season lasts from April to October. The best rapids lie between Bovec and Kobarid. Numerous outfitters in Bovec rent boats and equipment and also offer instruction and guided rafting and kayaking trips. Less exhilarating—though still very fun—river rafting is available near Bled and Bohinj.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe