Horseback Riding in Slovenia
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The country's most famous equestrian center is the Lipica Stud Farm, home of the splendid Lipizzaner white stallions. Riding lessons are available, though the farm is geared more toward experienced riders than beginners. It also offers summer riding sessions lasting several days to several weeks. For beginners, a better option might be the Mrcina Ranc at Studor, near Lake Bohinj. Visitors to the Krka Valley can ride at the Struga Equestrian Center at a 12th-century medieval manor near Otocec Castle. The brochure Riding in Slovenia, Home of the Lipizzaner, is available from the Slovenian Tourist Board.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe