Here are more tips for saving.
Take advantage of free breakfasts if your hotel, inn, or B&B offers them.
Many pubs serve lunches for less than £10; most restaurants offer cheap lunch deals.
Make one meal a prepared sandwich from a grocery store.
Carry your own water.
In the larger cities, consider staying in a house or apartment.
Outside the cities, stay in a B&B or small guesthouse.
Check the Web sites of major chains for deals.
Ask about family tickets at major sights.
Spend time in the free national museums.
Check out sightseeing passes such as the Great British Heritage Pass.
Use the exceptional public transportation system.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe