- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The town of Thurso is quite substantial for a community so far north. In town are the Thurso Heritage Museum and Old St. Peter's Kirk, which dates back to the 12th century. There are also fine beaches, particularly at Dunnet Bay, and great seabird watching at Dunnet Head.
Thurso at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles
- Isle of Harris
- Isle of Lewis
- Isle of Skye
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's