Sights & Attractions in The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles
In the small community of Arnol, the Black House is a well-preserved...
|Houses / Mansions||Port of Ness|
Calanais Standing Stones
These impressive stones are actually part of a cluster of several...
|Archaeological Sites||Calanais Standing Stones|
The road between Gairloch and the Corrieshalloch Gorge initially...
In a commanding position above a sea loch, Dunvegan Castle has...
|Castles / Palaces||Glendale|
Eilean Donan Castle
Guarding the confluence of lochs Long, Alsh, and Duich stands...
|Castles / Palaces||Kyle of Lochalsh|
The scenic spectacle of Glen Torridon lies east of Shieldaig...
Just off the coast of Scourie is Handa Island, a bird sanctuary...
A highlight of the area, Inverewe Gardens has lush plantings...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Gairloch|
Southeast of Gairloch stretches one of Scotland's most scenic...
Misty Isle Boat Trips
For fantastic views of the Cuillin Mountains and the Inner Hebrides...
Browse All The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles Sights
- Calanais Standing Stones
- Glen Brittle and the Cuillin Mountains
- John o'Groats
- Kyle of Lochalsh
- North Uist
- Port of Ness
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's