Sights & Attractions in The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles
Fodor's Choice Sights in The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles
In the small community of Arnol, the Black...
|Houses / Mansions||Port of Ness|
Calanais Standing Stones
These impressive stones are actually part of a...
|Archaeological Sites||Calanais Standing Stones|
The road between Gairloch and the Corrieshalloch...
In a commanding position above a sea loch,...
|Castles / Palaces||Glendale|
Eilean Donan Castle
Guarding the confluence of lochs Long, Alsh, and...
|Castles / Palaces||Kyle of Lochalsh|
The scenic spectacle of Glen Torridon lies...
Just off the coast of Scourie is Handa Island, a...
A highlight of the area, Inverewe Gardens has...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Gairloch|
Southeast of Gairloch stretches one of Scotland's...
Misty Isle Boat Trips
For fantastic views of the Cuillin Mountains and...
Browse All The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles Sights
- Calanais Standing Stones
- John o'Groats
- Port of Ness
- Kyle of Lochalsh
- South Uist
- Waternish Peninsula
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's