Sights & Attractions in The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Sights & Attractions The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles
|A-B C D E-G H-L M-S T-Z « Prev |  Next »|
At the Achiltibuie Smokehouse, Summer Isles Foods deliciously...
|Stores / Malls||Achiltibuie|
Turreted Amhuinnsuidhe Castle (pronounced avun-shooee) was built...
|Castles / Palaces||Tarbert|
The tame way to reach this small community facing Skye is by...
Beside Loch Assynt stand the ruins of Ardvreck Castle, a Clan...
|Castles / Palaces||Lochinver|
Balranald Nature Reserve
Run by the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds, the Balranald...
|Nature Preserves||North Uist|
Barpa Langass Chambered Cairn
Dating from the 3rd millennium BC, the Barpa Langass Chambered...
|Archaeological Sites||North Uist|
In the small community of Arnol, the Black House is a well-preserved...
|Houses / Mansions||Port of Ness|
Borreraig Park Museum
The fascinating Borreraig Park Museum—described by the owner...
|Museums / Galleries||Glendale|
Brightwater Visitor Centre
Gavin Maxwell's much loved account of his work with otters on...
|Information Centers||Kyle of Lochalsh|
Butt of Lewis Lighthouse
At the northernmost point of Lewis stands the Butt of Lewis Lighthouse...
|Nautical Sites||Port of Ness|
|« Prev |  Next »|
Browse All The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles Sights
- Calanais Standing Stones
- Glen Brittle and the Cuillin Mountains
- John o'Groats
- Kyle of Lochalsh
- North Uist
- Port of Ness
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
* Some taxes, fees additional