- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- stunning views
- great staff
- delicious food
- some old-building quirks
- two attic rooms are small (but cheaper)
Kylesku Hotel Review
This charming hotel looks out over Loch Glendhu and towards Eas Coul Aulin, Scotland's highest waterfall. There's a professional staff, excellent food, and a warm, relaxed atmosphere that welcomes locals and travelers alike. It's an older inn, so the rooms are a bit small, but they are nicely decorated and have modern bathrooms. The wood-burning stove makes the public room the perfect place to relax with a midafternoon coffee or an after-dinner book. From May to September, a small boat that departs from the slipway at the front of the hotel takes you up the loch to the waterfall.
- Address: Off A894, Kylesku, IV27 4HW
- Phone: 01971/502231
- Location: Scourie
- 8 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
Never taken an "Alone" trip before but it's about time! Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more