- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mountain Coffee Company & Hillbillies Bookstore
At a Glance
- good dining options
- great for spotting wildlife like porpoises and seals
- dated decor
- gets booked up quickly
Mountain Coffee Company & Hillbillies Bookstore Review
A café, lodge, and book shop all rolled into one, this property is a center of activity in Gairloch. Guest rooms are cozy, and one even has a four-poster bed. The café has a conservatory with a sweeping view over the sea. Fresh-baked scones, both savory and sweet, are excellent for breakfast and lunch. Books on all subjects are everywhere, spilling over from the shop into the restaurant. Mountaineering memorabilia decorate the walls.
- Address: Strath Sq., Gairloch, IV21 2BX
- Phone: 01445/712316
- Location: Gairloch
- 3 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Jan.--Mar.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Mercure Inverness in May: $255 & Up Expedia
- Inverness Savings! Book at Ramada Encore Inverness Fr $126+/Nt Save with Expedia, $41/night less
I realized that my other ongoing report ("UK TR, so far)" was now misnamed....so I am finishing here. I started it on the 2nd (or so) day of our trip, but now we have been at home for several days.
The Read more
Again, as promised a separate thread that will be easily searchable. Read more
We are planning a 14 day trip to the UK. Read more
· News & Features
Earlier this week, Consumer Reports released their annual study of the best and worst domestic airlines.... Read more
From the steamed cider aromas that hit you in the lobby to the local ingredients served in the restaurant,... Read more
You might not expect to find yourself amongst wine grapes a mere 75 miles outside of New York City.... Read more