- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
Glen Torridon Review
The scenic spectacle of Glen Torridon lies east of Shieldaig as you follow the A896 from Shieldaig to Kinlochewe. Some say that Glen Torridon has the finest mountain scenery in Scotland. It consists mainly of the long gray quartzite flanks of Beinn Eighe and Liathach, with its distinct ridge profile that looks like the keel of an upturned boat.
Torridon Visitor Center. The National Trust for Scotland operates a visitor center that explains the ecology and geology of the area. A small deer museum has displays on these quintessentially Scottish beasts. A896, Shieldaig. 01445/791221. www.nts.org.uk/property/torridon. £3. Visitor center Easter–Sept., daily 10–6; museum daily 9–5.
- Location: Shieldaig
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Thanks to all for your suggestions on a previous topic. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more