- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Glen Torridon Review
The scenic spectacle of Glen Torridon lies east of Shieldaig as you follow the A896 from Shieldaig to Kinlochewe. Some say that Glen Torridon has the finest mountain scenery in Scotland. It consists mainly of the long gray quartzite flanks of Beinn Eighe and Liathach, with its distinct ridge profile that looks like the keel of an upturned boat.
Torridon Visitor Center. The National Trust for Scotland operates a visitor center that explains the ecology and geology of the area. A small deer museum has displays on these quintessentially Scottish beasts. A896, Shieldaig. 01445/791221. www.nts.org.uk/property/torridon. £3. Visitor center Easter–Sept., daily 10–6; museum daily 9–5.
- Location: Shieldaig
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Perfect timing for our trip! Read more
· News & Features
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more