The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles Restaurant Reviews
Northern Scotland has many excellent restaurants where talented chefs use locally grown produce. Most country-house inns (a good choice if you're looking for a restaurant) and pubs serve reliable, hearty seafood and meat-and-potatoes meals. The Isle of Skye has the most, and the most expensive, restaurants, many of them quite good. But you can find tasty meals almost everywhere, although in more remote regions you may have to drive some distance to find them. Remember that locals eat early, and few restaurants serve dinner after 9 or 9:30.
Browse The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles Restaurants
- Scarista House
- Three Chimneys
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's