The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles Hotel Reviews
Charming, earthy, inexpensive inns and a few excellent luxury hotels will welcome you after a day of touring the Highlands. There are many B&Bs in the area, and they often book up far in advance. Some require a minimum two-day stay in high season.
In the more remote parts of Scotland your best lodging option may be to rent a cottage or house. Besides allowing you to make your own meals and to come and go as you please, it can also be less expensive. VisitScotland (www.visitscotland.com), the official tourism agency, lists many cottages and even rates them with stars, just like hotels.
Browse The Northern Highlands and the Western Isles Hotels
- Flodigarry Country House Hotel
- Trotternish Peninsula
- The Spoons
- Summer Isles Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's