- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
The ruined priory on the tiny island of Inchmahome, on the Lake of Menteith, is a lovely place for a picnic. It was a place of refuge in 1547 for the young Mary, Queen of Scots. Between April and September, a ferry takes passengers to the island, now owned by the National Trust for Scotland. To get here, take the A81 to the B8034. The ferry jetty is just beyond the Port of Menteith. If the boat is not there when you arrive, turn the board so that the white side faces the island. The boat will come and collect you.
- Address: Off A81, 4 miles east of Aberfoyle Aberfoyle, FK8 3RA
- Phone: 01786/450000
- Cost: Ferry £5.50
- Hours: Apr.–Sept., daily 9:30–5:30
- Location: Aberfoyle
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I'm looking at using Hotwire for a possible upcoming trip which will include both London and Barcelona.
I've been to London several times and spent a semester there in 1999, but have never used Hotwire Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more