- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Bannockburn Heritage Centre
Bannockburn Heritage Centre Review
Opening in 2014, this museum uses cutting-edge technology to help you take part in Scotland's greatest battle, where Robert the Bruce defeated King Edward II at Bannockburn in 1314. The beautifully designed Bannockburn Heritage Centre celebrates the cunning of Robert the Bruce, who chose this site because its boggy ground would impede the English horses. The fields that surround the museum were the battlefield, and interactive displays re-create the sights and sounds of that great medieval encounter. The circular monument that stands outside is now capped by a poem by Kathleen Jamie.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
My mother and I are planning a 5-9 day trip to the UK. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more