- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Drovers Inn Review
The portions at this noisy, friendly inn are enormous, which is just as well since many customers have returned from a day's walking on the nearby West Highland Way. Scottish staples like sausage and mash, minced beef, and haggis with mash and neeps (turnips) jostle for a place beside occasionally more adventurous dishes. The dining areas are hung with swords and modern copies of old paintings. This is a genuine traveler's pub, with an appropriate range of whiskies (hearty rather than elegant). There is traditional music every weekend, and there are 26 rooms for rent for under £100. The bear at the door should not put you off (it is stuffed and very old).
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
Never taken an "Alone" trip before but it's about time! Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more