- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The railway that brought visitors to Callander in the 19th century no longer reaches the town. Today you can access Callander by bus from Stirling, Glasgow, or Edinburgh; the Trossachs Trundler (£5.10) departs Stirling at 9 am for Callander, then travels in a circular route between Callander and Aberfoyle via Loch Katrine, returning to Stirling from Callander at 4:20 pm. If you're traveling by car from Stirling, take the M8 to Dunblane, then the A820 (which becomes the A84) to Callander. If you are coming from Glasgow, take the A81 through Aberfoyle to Callander; an alternative route (longer but more picturesque) is to take the A821 around Loch Venachar, then the A84 east to Callander.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line