- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
This small tourist town has a somewhat faded air, and several of its souvenir shops have closed their doors. But the surrounding hills (some snowcapped) and the green slopes visible from the town are the reason so many visitors pause here before continuing up to Duke's Pass or on to Inversnaid on Loch Lomond. Access to nearby Queen Elizabeth Forest Park is another reason to visit.
Aberfoyle at a Glance
Sports and Outdoors
Elsewhere in The Central Highlands
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's