Sights & Attractions in The Borders and the Southwest
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Things to Do in Melrose
In 1811 Sir Walter Scott, already an established writer, bought...
|Houses / Mansions||Melrose|
The final resting place of Sir Walter Scott and his wife, and...
Just off the square sit the ruins of Melrose Abbey, one of the...
The National Trust for Scotland's Priorwood Gardens, next to...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Melrose|
This is possibly the most photographed rural view in the south...
There's no escaping Sir Walter in this part of the country: 3...
This large, turreted, and castellated house, part of which was...
|Castles / Palaces||Melrose|
Three Hills Roman Heritage Centre
On exhibit here are such artifacts as tools, weapons, and armor...
Browse All Borders and the Southwest Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises