Sights & Attractions in The Borders and the Southwest
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in The Borders and the Southwest
In 1811 Sir Walter Scott, already an established writer, bought...
|Houses / Mansions||Melrose|
The stunningly beautiful moated Caerlaverock Castle stands in...
|Castles / Palaces||Ruthwell|
On the outskirts of Kelso stands the palatial Floors Castle...
|Castles / Palaces||Kelso|
Near the town of Innerleithen stands Traquair House, said to...
|Houses / Mansions||Innerleithen|
Browse All Borders and the Southwest Sights
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line