Sights & Attractions in The Borders and the Southwest
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in The Borders and the Southwest
In this great house overlooking the Tweed, Sir Walter Scott lived...
|Houses / Mansions||Melrose|
The stunningly beautiful moated Caerlaverock Castle stands in...
|Castles / Palaces||Ruthwell|
Caerlaverock Wildfowl and Wetlands Centre
You can observe wintering wildfowl, including various species...
Castle Kennedy Gardens
The lovely Castle Kennedy Gardens surround the shell of the original...
|Gardens / Arboretums||Stranraer|
The palatial Floors Castle, the largest inhabited castle in Scotland...
|Castles / Palaces||Kelso|
The most impressive of the Borders abbeys towers above Jedburgh...
Just off Melrose's town square sit the ruins of Melrose Abbey...
The characteristic Borders structure Smailholm Tower stands uncompromisingly...
Said to be the oldest continually occupied home in Scotland...
|Houses / Mansions||Innerleithen|
Wigtown Book Festival
The 10-day Wigtown Book Festival, held in late September and...
Browse All The Borders and the Southwest Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's