Sights & Attractions in The Borders and the Southwest
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
In this great house overlooking the Tweed, Sir Walter Scott lived...
|Houses / Mansions||Melrose|
Harestanes Countryside Visitor Centre
Housed in a former farmhouse 3 miles north of Jedburgh, this...
The most impressive of the Borders abbeys towers above Jedburgh...
Mary, Queen of Scots House
This bastel (from the French bastille) was the fortified town...
|Houses / Mansions||Jedburgh|
Just off Melrose's town square sit the ruins of Melrose Abbey...
Browse All The Borders and the Southwest Sights
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe