- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- lovely location
- friendly atmosphere
- good pub food
- small rooms
- bar can be noisy at times
Check Rates from our Partners
Anchor Hotel Review
This small, friendly hotel in the picturesque village of Kippford has wonderful views across the Solway Firth. The rooms are small and plainly furnished, but all of them gaze out over the water. The bar downstairs has the air of a traditional village pub and serves an eclectic array of dishes from deep-fried prawns to lamb hot pot. Kippford is a good base from which to walk the banks of the Firth towards Rockcliffe.
- Address: Main St., Kippford, DG5 4LN
- Phone: 01556/620205
- Location: Dalbeattie
- 6 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Has anyone taken photos of the Seven Sisters? Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more