- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- lovely location
- friendly atmosphere
- good pub food
- small rooms
- bar can be noisy at times
Check Rates from our Partners
Anchor Hotel Review
This small, friendly hotel in the picturesque village of Kippford has wonderful views across the Solway Firth. The rooms are small and plainly furnished, but all of them gaze out over the water. The bar downstairs has the air of a traditional village pub and serves an eclectic array of dishes from deep-fried prawns to lamb hot pot. Kippford is a good base from which to walk the banks of the Firth towards Rockcliffe.
- Address: Main St., Kippford, DG5 4LN
- Phone: 01556/620205
- Location: Dalbeattie
- 6 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
Last night I had dinner in the Aqua restaurant in the Shard, on the 31st floor, with my colleagues, to celebrate a profitable six months, and the hard work and long hours put in by the team Read more
We were aiming for The Lamb, on Lamb's Conduit St., the first Sunday evening of my two weeks there, going east on Great Ormond St, when a red fox trotted from behind, passed us, and continued unhurried Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more