- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- lovely location
- friendly atmosphere
- good pub food
- small rooms
- bar can be noisy at times
Anchor Hotel Review
This small, friendly hotel in the picturesque village of Kippford has wonderful views across the Solway Firth. The rooms are small and plainly furnished, but all of them gaze out over the water. The bar downstairs has the air of a traditional village pub and serves an eclectic array of dishes from deep-fried prawns to lamb hot pot. Kippford is a good base from which to walk the banks of the Firth towards Rockcliffe.
- Address: Main St., Kippford, DG5 4LN
- Phone: 01556/620205
- Location: Gatehouse of Fleet
- 6 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $499 & up -- Transatlantic Cruises to Europe, Save $100 Norwegian Cruise Line
During my planning phase, many Fodorites were very helpful and encouraging, as always! Read more
Given that some quarter million make the trek annually (and even more by train), it's not like climbing Snowdon is scaling Everest. Read more
Like I mentioned before, I keep adding things we would love to see when we visit the UK again but I am not adding days to go with it. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more