Steam Packet Inn
Steam Packet Inn Review
This lovely, old-fashioned inn is always full, mainly because of its hearty, well-cooked food and good beer. Patrons also love the location, on the harbor of this quaint fishing village. You can walk the headland behind the pub to the rocky shore of the Solway Firth. Fish-and-chips and lamb shanks can be followed by some excellent house-made desserts. When weather permits you can eat at tables in the garden. If you like it so much you want to stay, there are also a couple of rooms.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's