- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Scott's View Review
There's no escaping Sir Walter in this part of the country: 3 mi north of Dryburgh on the B6356 is possibly the most photographed rural view in the south of Scotland. (Perhaps the only view used more often to summon a particular interpretation of Scotland is that of Eilean Donan Castle, far to the north.) The sinuous curve of the River Tweed and the gentle landscape unfolding to the triple peaks of the Eildons and then rolling out into shadows beyond are certainly worth seeking. You arrive at this peerless vista, where Scott often came to meditate, by taking the B6356 north from Dryburgh.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
Never taken an "Alone" trip before but it's about time! Read more
· News & Features
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more
Viking Ocean Cruises to debut in May 2015 with a small ship, all-inclusive experience in Scandinavia and... Read more