Hoebridge Inn Review
Whitewashed walls, oak-beamed ceilings, and an open fire welcome you into this converted 19th-century bobbin mill. The cuisine is a blend of British and Mediterranean styles with occasional Asian influences. You might have lamb served with rosemary mashed potatoes and red-currant sauce or panfried tiger prawns with chili and lime syrup, accompanied by a salad of bean sprouts and mangetout (peas in their edible pods). Rabbit and guinea fowl also appear regularly on the menu. The inn lies in Gattonside, Melrose's across-the-river neighbor, but a 2-mile drive is required to cross to the other side; you can reach the inn more easily via a footbridge.
- Address: B6360, Gattonside, TD6 9LZ
- Phone: 01896/823082
- Location: Melrose
- Reservations essential
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. and Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's