- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- walking distance to restaurants and pubs
- good menu in restaurant
- some rooms are tiny
- bland room decor
Check Rates from our Partners
Burts Hotel Review
This charming whitewashed building dating from the 18th century sits in the center of Melrose. Floral pastels fill the rooms and public areas. The bar is welcoming, with a cheerful open fire and a wide selection of fine malt whiskies; it's ideal for a quiet dram before or after a meal. The vast restaurant has high-back upholstered chairs and white-linen tablecloths. Lamb with applesauce and lentils or chicken breast with truffle foam are typical entrées on the prix-fixe menu. Fishing can be arranged.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
Any last minute tips or suggestions...
Saas Fee (Switzerland)
5 days skiing
Paris (3 days)
London (3 days) Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more