- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Kirkcudbright (pronounced kir-coo-bray) is an 18th-century town of Georgian and Victorian houses, some of them washed in pastel shades and roofed with the blue slate of the district. In the early 20th century it became a haven for artists, and its L-shape main street is full of crafts and antiques shops.
Kirkcudbright at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Borders and the Southwest
- Castle Douglas
- Gatehouse of Fleet
- Glen Trool
- Gretna Green
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's