- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Innerleithen is one of the larger Borders towns; you'll feel like you've entered a hub of activity when you arrive. It's also dramatically beautiful. Surrounded by hills and glens, the town is where the Tweed and Leithen rivers join, then separate. Historically, Innerleithen dates back to pre-Roman times, and there are artifacts all around for you to see. Once a booming industrialized town of wool mills, today it's a great destination for outdoor activities including hiking, biking, and fly-fishing.
Innerleithen at a Glance
Elsewhere in The Borders and the Southwest
- Castle Douglas
- Gatehouse of Fleet
- Glen Trool
- Gretna Green
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's