- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
There's no train station in Gatehouse of Fleet. Local buses are available, but you may need to make several transfers. Driving is your best option. From Kirkcudbright, take the A755/B727 (15 minutes). From Glasgow, take the A713 (about 2 hours). From Edinburgh, take the A701 (about 2½ hours).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe