Sights & Attractions in Orkney and Shetland Islands
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Choice Sights in Orkney and Shetland Islands
Next to the Shetland Museum, the bold and beautiful—although somewhat...
|Arts / Performance Venues||Lerwick|
Sandwick is the departure point for the passenger ferry to the...
|Archaeological Sites||The South Mainland|
Shetland Croft House Museum
This 19th-century thatched house reveals the way of life of rural...
|Museums / Galleries||The South Mainland|
On the last remaining stretch of the old waterfront at the restored...
|Museums / Galleries||Lerwick|
Skara Brae and Skaill House
After a fierce storm in 1850, the laird of Breckness, William...
|Archaeological Sites||Stromness and the Neolithic Sites|
The enchanting Stromness Museum has the feel of some grand Victorian's...
|Museums / Galleries||Stromness and the Neolithic Sites|
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's