- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Shetland Museum Review
On the last remaining stretch of the old waterfront at the restored Hay's Dock, the striking Shetland Museum, with its sail-like tower, is the area's cultural hub and a stimulating introduction to local history. The two-story space is filled with displays about archaeology, textiles, and contemporary arts. Standout exhibits include depictions of the minutiae of everyday Shetland life across the centuries, the last remaining sixareen (a kind of fishing boat), and the collection of lace shawls donated by Shetland families. The museum is also a wonderful place to hang out; look for vintage vessels moored in the dock and seals that pop up to observe everyone at the glass-fronted café-restaurant terrace.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
My mother and I are planning a 5-9 day trip to the UK. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more