- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
Saxa Vord Review
This restaurant is part of an odd collection of buildings strewn around the edge of an eye-wateringly—that's the wind—gorgeous peninsula that was a former base for the Royal Air Force. The tidy, well-run, and informal eatery serves lunches and dinners as fresh and good for you as the Unst air. Try local scallops, smoked salmon, and lamb hot pot. You can retire to the bar to chat with the locals and sip a tasty real ale such as Auld Wife or Simmer Dim from the local Valhalla brewery. If you miss the ferry back to the Mainland, they have tidy if basic rooms to rent.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching.... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more