Glasgow's oldest house was built in 1471 by Bishop Andrew Muirhead. Before it was rescued by the Glasgow City Council, this building had been a pub, a sweetshop, and a soft drinks factory. It is now a museum that shows the house as it might have looked when it was occupied by officers of the church. The top floor is a gallery with prints and paintings depicting the characters who might have lived in the surrounding streets. The St Nicholas Garden behind the house is a medicinal herb garden, and the cloisters house rather disturbing carved stone heads.