Shopping in Glasgow
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Glaswegians love to dress up, and you'll find the mark of the fashion industry on the city center's hottest shopping streets, Buchanan and Sauchiehall, as well as in Princes Square. Glasgow is the biggest and most popular British retail center outside London. Besides straight-off-the-runway couture, Glasgow has an impressive number of antiques stores, and Scottish specialty shops selling woolen, cashmere, and tartan dress.
Should the weather turn dreich (dismal) you can avoid getting drookit (wet) by sheltering in one of the many covered arcades in the city center. For more unusual items, head to the West End's Byres Road and Great Western Road. If you're here in late June and early July, there are always big sales. You can pick up some fantastic bargains.
Browse Glasgow Shopping
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe