- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Number Sixteen Review
This tiny, intimate restaurant serves only the freshest ingredients, superbly prepared. There's room for only 40 diners, and the result is cozy but never cramped. Seared mullet is served with risotto, chorizo, broad beans, and artichokes—a typically unpredictable meeting of flavors. The venison with braised red cabbage is tantalizing, and desserts like treacle tarts with poached kumquats are equally seductive. A good deal is the pretheater menu, which includes two courses for £12.95 or three courses for £15.95. Book ahead, particularly on weekends.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1999 -- British Isles: 7-Night Windstar Cruise, 70% Off Windstar Cruises
We recently came back from a one week trip to London and found it thrilling. Read more
As promised I am making recommendations for places as separate threads so that they will be easily searchable when others are looking for recommendations.
Pubs: (New Town)
The Queen's Arms (Frederick Read more
I thnk I can figure out London! Read more
· News & Features
We're sure your friends' Instagram photos of their puppies are super cute, but Brad Tully's animal snaps... Read more
From major airline uniform upgrades to tips from the jet set on doing Paris right, this was a very chic... Read more
The curious and daring among you will discover the vibrant, gilded landscape of Istanbul, the city tha... Read more