- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Isle of Bute
The Isle of Bute affords a host of relaxing walks and scenic vistas. Mount Stuart, a stately home, is a popular attraction. Like the nearby Isle of Arran, the Isle of Bute was a Victorian holiday favorite convenient for Glaswegians.
Rothesay, a faded but appealing resort, is the main town. Some of the ornate Victorian architecture is striking. In the old Victorian village of Wemyss Bay there's ferry service to the island. The many handsome buildings, especially the station, are a reminder of the grandeur and style of a century ago.
Isle of Bute at a Glance
Elsewhere in Glasgow
- Ayr and Alloway
- City Center
- The Clyde
- Culzean Castle and Country Park
- East End
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's