Fife and Angus Sights

St. Rule's Tower

  • Off Pends Rd. Map It
  • St. Andrews
  • Viewpoint/Scenic Overlook

Published 05/04/2017

Fodor's Review

Local legend has it that St. Andrews was founded by St. Regulus, or Rule, who, acting under divine guidance, carried relics of St. Andrew by sea from Patras in Greece. He was shipwrecked on this Fife headland and founded a church. The holy man's name survives in the cylindrical tower, consecrated in 1126 and the oldest surviving building in St. Andrews. Enjoy dizzying views of town from the top of the tower, reached via a steep staircase.

Sight Information

Address:

Off Pends Rd., St. Andrews, Fife, KY16 9QL, Scotland

Map It

Phone:

01334-472563

Sight Details:

  • £4.20, includes St. Andrews Cathedral; £7.20 includes St. Andrews Castle

Published 05/04/2017

Advertisement

Book A Trip
  • HOTELS

  • FLIGHTS

  • PACKAGES

  • CARS

Map View

What's Nearby

  • Restaurants
  • Sights
  • Hotels

See all sights in Fife and Angus