- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Angels with Bagpipes
Angels with Bagpipes Review
The name may amuse or bemuse you, but there's no doubt this relaxed spot with windows overlooking the Royal Mile provides good-value, refined dining. Within the 16th-century building, the understated decor includes a sculptural centerpiece of an angel with bagpipes copied from a carving in nearby St. Giles Cathedral. Menus are straightforward and not overlong, the service is slick, and the atmosphere is warm. Seafood and game dominate, with dishes such as hake with chorizo and venison with red cabbage. For the best value, opt for the table d'hôte menu, available between noon and 6, with two courses for £13.95 and three for £17.95.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
For the time being, keep your Mediterranean give me North of England locations with the sun shining in Spring.
We dusted off our ‘Walks in the Forest of Bowland’ a Cicerone Guide written by Read more
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
We have decided on a London/Cotswolds trip,in late sept this year. Read more