- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- relaxing atmosphere
- helpful yet unobtrusive service
- gourmet breakfast featuring famed porridge
- need to book well in advance
Check Rates from our Partners
23 Mayfield Review
A self-styled "boutique guesthouse," 23 Mayfield is a cut above your average B&B: the Victorian villa features many original elements expertly complemented by dark wood furniture, lovely artwork, and antiquarian books to create a sumptuous atmosphere. Guest rooms continue the theme with handsome beds and period-style fabrics, but are also equipped with the latest gadgets. Edinburgh tours can be arranged with local guides. Wintertime film nights beside an open fire are a treat.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more