- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fishers Bistro Review
Locals and visitors flock to this laid-back pub-cum-bistro down on the waterfront, and to its sister restaurant, Fishers in the City, at 58 Thistle Street in the New Town. The menu is the same, but Fishers Leith has the better reputation and vibe. Bar meals are served, although for more comfort and elegance sit in the cozy, blue-walled dining room. Seafood is the specialty—the Loch Fyne oysters and queenie scallops from Tarbert are wonderful. Watch for the daily specials: perhaps a seafood or vegetarian soup followed by huge North African prawns. It's wise to reserve ahead.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
I recently got back from a wonderful trip to Budapest, with overnight layovers in London coming and going. Read more
Happened to log on and noticed a couple of people asking how we got on in London! Read more
My sister, daughter, and I have planned a September/October trip consisting of five nights in London (where we have all been before), train to York for one night, and then train on to Edinburgh for a week Read more