- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
Paul Kitching is one of Britain's most innovative chefs, and the theatrical dining experience at 21212 delivers surprises galore. In a grand Georgian house, the restaurant is sumptuously appointed. Belle époque decor and quirky cultlery makes this a perfect destination for couples, who should ask for a romantic alcove window table. On display behind a large glass screen is a small army of chefs assembling the intricate dishes—perhaps a touch over-reverential, but thankfully the knowledgable and enthusiastic staff creates a relaxed atmosphere in the dining room. On the fixed-price menus you can expect creative takes on old classics, such as deconstructed fish-and-chips and intriguing desserts such as a layered banana trifle with apricot compote.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
I now have two days to fill .... driving between St Ives and London in July. Looking at Wales which is a totally unknown for me. Would like to find a lovely hotel for those two nights but have no idea where Read more