Paul Kitching is one of Britain's most innovative chefs, and the theatrical dining experience at 21212 delivers surprises galore. In a grand Georgian house, the restaurant is sumptuously appointed. Belle époque decor and quirky cultlery makes this a perfect destination for couples, who should ask for a romantic alcove window table. On display behind a large glass screen is a small army of chefs assembling the intricate dishes—perhaps a touch over-reverential, but thankfully the knowledgable and enthusiastic staff creates a relaxed atmosphere in the dining room. On the fixed-price menus you can expect creative takes on old classics, such as deconstructed fish-and-chips and intriguing desserts such as a layered banana trifle with apricot compote.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
In a couple of days we will be off to London and Italy. Traveling with my husband (DH) and 2 children (10 & 13) DD and DS. We are off... Read more
Aided by every guide book and travel video ever created about Scotland, a lifetime of my father's stories about the family clan, and ... Read more