- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
Forth Floor Review
Harvey Nichols has become synonymous with chic shopping, so it stands to reason that the department store's restaurant is no slouch when it comes to style. The decor pulls off the trick of being minimalist without being too severe. Factor in a glorious view over Princes Street Gardens and Edinburgh Castle and it's a winner from the moment you walk in the door. The imaginative menu devised by chef Stuart Muir lives up to the lofty location. Scallops served with spring cabbage and pea mousse, and clam-and-cider chowder make for healthy starters, while the roast saddle of Highland venison and North Atlantic halibut with langoustines are memorable mains. Ask for a window or terrace table—weather permitting, of course.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more