- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's See It Scotland, 4th Edition
At a Glance
- knowledgeable owners
- nice furnishings
- superb breakfasts
- smallish bathrooms
- a bit of a walk to the New Town
Check Rates from our Partners
Glenalmond House Review
Longtime hoteliers Jimmy and Fiona Mackie are well schooled in delighting guests, which makes elegant Glenalmond House a reliable choice. There is nothing overly complicated about their latest venture, but the spacious rooms with handsome dark-wood furniture, ample breakfasts, and friendly welcome are testament to the appeal of simplicity. Recent upgrades have smartened guest rooms and added a new lounge with leather sofas.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
First … thank you so much to all who helped with suggestions. Read more
We saw London, we saw France and lots more.
Day 1 (9/18) Amsterdam
Well I have put off this trip report long enough so here goes. I am writing this to pay forward the help and advice which I received from Read more
We are visiting Ireland and Scotland for about 8 days each in May 2014. Read more